Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Vlogging?

Heya. So, I've been getting a few requests to "Vlog". That is, video tape my blog, so to speak. I don't like cameras, personally. Plus, I don't know that my life is interesting enough to film, really. Yeah, I could make people in my family do stuff for the camera and say its spontaneous, but that would be a lie.

Of course, I could review products I've tried or projects I've completed from Pinterest. Again...is that interesting? I have several 'vloggers" whose channels I check daily on YouTube. Some are funny, some are beauty related, one is organization, etc. Would I feel too much pressure to regularly post? I don't know. People say they would watch a reality show with my husband and me. Why, I have no idea...but...

Anyhow, if you think it's a good idea, let me know.

On to other things. Let's see: Today is the Fourth of July. Happy Birthday , America! My sons have all of a sudden started acting like we ALWAYS do something amazingly epic for the Fourth, and we don't. We don't do anything. We don't cook out, we don't do fireworks...we are pretty boring. However, at their father's house outside of Chicago, (where they usually are this time of year), they say he does all those things. Big whoop. Good for him. It's not in the triple digits there after dark. Plus, who wants to stand over a hot grill when it's 106 degrees outside? Not me.

I will begin tackling my kitchen for decluttering this week. My room is still like a magazine, and I love it. I have so many more plans for the house, though.

Oh, I made my own laundry detergent and fabric softener, and they work beautifully for pennies a load. Highly recommend that you do that. I am using vinegar, water and rubbing alcohol with a couple of drops of dish soap to mop my floors, and again, it works beautifully. I can post directions if anyone is interested. I have been using more vinegar for cleaning, lately. I am trying to slowly get rid of all the extra chemicals in the house.

Okay. I'm finished for now. When I do my fake mercury glass stuff, I'll post pictures. My blue vases came out great, and the hubby has drilled holes in old wine bottles to put christmas lights in for lighting. He also plans to make some divider or something use the bottles at varying heights on vertical pieces of wrought iron. Who knows with that one. I am sewing a lot more, and I bought a new sewing machine that should arrive in a few days. I really wanted to be able to embroider with it so I could monogram pillow shams and things. I've been sing a $99.00 machine I bought at Walmart 17 years ago. It works okay, but the thread tension has never been right and it breaks a lot. I've sewn more than few pairs of curtains and duvet covers. I've already made milk carton covers so my classroom looks cuter. I'm making storage boxes out of fabric, as well. Sewing is on hold until the new machine arrives, though.

I'm not terribly interesting right now. Toodles, bitches.

No comments: