Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Happy, Merry Whatever

I know you've all been waiting anxiously for me to get around to blogging about my festive life. Sorry. Oh well.

Anyhow, I've been working on writing, working on teaching kids and just plain working on all the regular stuff everyone works on at this time of year.

I did get sorta drunk on Thanksgiving and evidently make many promises to my mother which I have no memory of. Her claims have been corroborated by both my husband and daughter. Strangely, I'm not ashamed of myself. It takes 5 Xanax and a bottle of Reisling to handle Thanksgiving with my family. Now, to pay penance, I have to bring a ham of all things to Christmas. I also took many strange pictures whilst inebriated, but perhaps I'll post those later. Most of them are very close up pictures of my Mom's walls. Why? I liked the new wall colors and wanted documentation of them so I could duplicate them at home. Problem is, when you get millimeters away from a wall, all of the colors pretty much look like a grey shadow. So there ya go.
After drunkenly careening around the house, digging my finger through the sweet potatoes and claiming the marshmallows as "MINE!", and then doing the same thing to the meringue on the chocolate pie, I evidently quietly snuck off to my Mom's room, crawled under her covers and went to sleep. Festive, no? By the word "meringue" I mean the whipped egg whites and sugar, not the dance. I'm not sure how to spell which one. Either way, I mean the egg white things.
So, there's a brief update. I've not traveled, which pisses me off royally. I've worked. I've worked and worked and worked and disgraced my family at Thanksgiving. My work here is done. For now.

Stay tuned for Christmas festivities!
Love,
The dinner guest you don't want

No comments: