Friday, April 6, 2012

Hail!

Hiya. So, I haven't written anything lately. There are many reasons for this, one of which is my regular job has been demanding. This time of year is crazy busy for me, but in the summer, I'll be able to concentrate on the writing more. Until then, I've decided to do what I did in a few other posts, and share some excellent products I've tried and am now devoted to.

As some may know, I am a makeup freak. I adore it. I'm just as crazy for skincare products. I recently purchased a product that is easily available in any corner pharmacie in Paris, but is not easily available here. It's called Bioderma Crealine H2O Ultra Mild Face and Eye cleanser. I am addicted to this stuff.

I use it daily. I use it to remove my makeup thoroughly prior to cleansing and I use it in the morning after I wake up to clean up all the gunk in my eyes and moisturizer from the night before. It's amazing. It's a no rinse product. It's completely gentle, and feels like you're just using cool water on your face. My eyes and skin are easily irritated, and this does nothing to irritate them. You can buy it through Amazon.

Next, I am always looking for a good moisturizer that has no fragrance in it. I hate buying one and getting it home and finding out I cannot use it because it irritates my eyes or gives me a headache from the smell. The fewer weird chemicals the better. I have found a goldmine in La Roche Posay's Tolerane Riche Soothing Protective Facial Creme.
This stuff is amazing. Very rich. No fragrance whatsoever. I use it under makeup in the morning. I have shall we say...aging skin and am doing my utmost to keep the wrinkles and spots at bay. So far, because my mother made me start taking care of my skin at a very young age, I've had good luck. This is definitely a product I will continue to buy. I won't waste my money trying new ones, any longer. No more Creme de la Mer, no more of the horribly expensive creams. This one is the real deal.

I use a ton of lip balms. I use them during the night, and all day long.
Even if I'm wearing a lipstick, I have a balm on. My lips get very dry. France comes to my rescue yet again with Nuxe Reve du Miel lip balm. It's fabulous! It is highly moisturizing without being shiny or gloppy. It is a matte, actually, so no high shine to interfere if you want a bare lip or if you will be putting it on under or over lipstick. I put it on this morning, and it's still there, about 6 hours later. I haven't had to reapply it.

Love it. Also available through Amazon.com. I have decided to try the SK-II line, and when I receive my eye cream, I'll try it and tell how it works. I'm pretty picky about eye creams.

I adore serums for my skin. They feel lightweight and you don't feel like there is something preventing your skin from "breathing". I am going to try one of the Caudalie serums. I have their "Beauty Elixir" which I love. It feels wonderful, and if you just need a lift, you can spray it on your face, over your makeup and it just perks you up.
So, nothing creative here, just some new things I've tried. I'm also busy redoing my bedroom and other parts of our house, so...maybe I'll show what happens when we're finished.
Toodles!

No comments: