Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Things I Love About Summer

First of all, duh. Who doesn't love Summer? Me, that's who. Well, before I became an educator, that is. I hated Summer. The kids were home all day and bored, and wanted me to entertain them. Endless car trips to the pool, McDonald's, water parks, little league...ugh. Then, I became a teacher. So, without further ado, I present to you:

WHY I LOVE SUMMER (in no particular order)

1. I can shower at 1:30 in the afternoon if I damned well feel like it.
2. No bra. Self explanatory
3. No makeup
4. Flip Flops
5. Sleeping late
6. Staying up late
7. Reading what I want to read
8. Saying, "It's too hot to cook..."
9. I can devote time to catching up on guilty TV pleasures like Mad Men and Game of Thrones
10. I don't have to worry about a mad parent complaining about me. Unless it's my own parent, that is.
11. I can clean the house if I want to, which I usually don't.
12. Frozen drinks
13. Cold suppers
14. Flowers in my yard
15. The smell of Confederate Jasmine in front of my house
16. The day stretching before me with nothing but possibilities. The possibility of a nap, shopping, making stuff for my classroom next year, going down the Pinterest wormhole...
17. Making stuff for next year
18. Making stuff for my house
19. Endless long trips to IKEA. Even if I buy nothing
20. More time to run
21. Having my babies who are no longer babies with me.
22. Pretending like my baby isn't leaving for college
23. Collecting a paycheck when I am sleeping or shopping or crafting or on the computer or whatever.
24. More time to write
25. I drink way more water.

There. I kept it to 25. If I really sat and thought, I'd come up with more, however, it's summer, so I'm going to do some mindless reading or computer surfing or something. Maybe I'll check in with Don Draper.
Toodles, bitches.


No comments: