Friday, December 26, 2014

It's Only Fair....

to tell you things that make me NOT crazy. I not quite sure the word would be "happy", as I am usually not feeling that feeling. However, the following don't make me want to punch, hit or shoot anyone.
Again, these are in no order.

1. My children smiling.
2. My children and how funny and handsome and smart and beautiful they are.
3. My husband who is deaf as a post and does almost nothing but sit in a chair and rant on the internet about his hatred of Obama, something else I can't remember and daring people to come take his guns away. (He has about a zillion.) Last year the fool asked for ammo for Christmas, and that is what he got.
4. My three doggies. Even though one bit my finger the other day and I think I have rabies. I'm pretty sure.
5. My niece, Zoe and my nephew, Jake. They are my bonus children. I adore them. They are in high school, now. I find that hard to believe. My Z is GORGEOUS. I am not even saying that because she is my niece. SHE IS GORGEOUS and she kicks butt at tennis. My nephew Jake is the MOST POLITE AND KIND young man I have ever in my life met. He says "ma'am" to me in almost every sentence. He is kind, he is extremely funny with a dry wit and so handsome. He is also brilliant and makes straight "a"s all the time.
6. My fool of a brother. I love him like he is my baby, but he is like...almost 45. Still. He's one of the people I love the most in the world. He is a wonderful man. He is the best father I've ever seen in my life. He is a dork. I love that dork.
7. My parents. (separately, of course.) My mother has done so much for my brother and me. She is crazy as hell, and I wouldn't have it any other way. She is funny and insane. I get my insanity from her side of the family, for which I would like to say, " THANKS A LOT YOU PEOPLE ON MY MOM'S SIDE OF THE FAMILY WHO ARE INSANE. JERKS."
My father, from whom I was estranged for several years. I have reconnected with him and it makes me feel like I am a better person for it. He is the only father I have ever had, and he is terribly flawed and has done some things that are better left unsaid and unspeakable, anyhow. But, he is my father.
8. My bed. I love it. It's where I sleep. I love sleep.
9. Books.
10. mani/pedis
11. makeup
12. shopping
13. travel
14. The beach. Any beach. I crave the beach.
15 . The anticipation of a big trip.
16. The health of those I love.
17. My car.
18. The luck I've had in my new school. I have a fantastic principal. I am very thankful for that.
19. People I can still consider friends of mine. I think there is like two. I don't have many friends. I find I like that most of the time. If I think too much about it, I get upset and wonder what is wrong with me. Well, I do that all the time with no prodding.
20. My psychiatrist. She has saved me more than once.

So, I guess that's it. I can't think of much else. Oh: Abraham, Jacob, Moses, all of them. I'm thankful for them. OH! and the founding fathers of our country. Do you know how lucky we are that those particular men were alive at the same time, had the same goal and worked together? They were brilliant and well....how lucky we are.
Bye.

No comments: