Saturday, August 14, 2010




So, F Bomb Friday. I've had a few. I'm sure I'll have more. Mine yesterday was the fact that it was my first day back at work. I'm not sure about y'all, but I hate being confined in spaces for long lengths of time, and I hate sitting still for any length of time. I'm used to moving around. I'm not a marathon runner like several of my friends, but I don't sit around, usually. Anyhow, I had to do just that yesterday. I have spoken in the past of my red hot hatred of musical theater or movies. Well, yesterday, because I do have someone who is my "boss", I sometimes I have to do what I don't want to do. Such as be a captive audience and listen or watch whatever craptastic show this person likes. And this person LOVES freakin' musical crap. So, we had to watch some scenes from Disney's newest movie. The one about the Princess and the frog or something. We were supposed to take away a profound message. All I got from the clip was that it was sad that the child only wished to make a good pot of gumbo. Dare to dream, sweetcheeks.

I also had put a crapload of work into my classroom, and had my boss come at the end of the day and tell me that quotes from "Alice in Wonderland" were "highly inappropriate" for school. Wha? Huh? WTF? Really? For real? Seriously? Needless to say, I muttered the f-bomb repeatedly under my breath as I was forced to take down a quote. It wasn't profane for the love of God. It was just a quote from the stupid Cheshire Cat. Deal.

As a person with a horribly foul mouth, I work very hard daily to not allow bad words to come out of my mouth at work. I can't allow it to happen. I work with kids. However, yesterday? Yesterday there were no kids in the building. I let the bombs drop. A lot. I have been dropping them ever since.

Now, another f-bomb. No tanning salons in this area have the aromatherapy beds? Why? Everyone freakin' tans. No Aromatherapy and cooling mist? That is bullcrap. Secondly, my eyes are allergic to EVERYTHING. I can't get eyelash extensions because I'm horribly allergic to the glue. I have really long eyelashes naturally, but they are blonde. They aren't as thick as I want, either. I'm sure that Latisse stuff would permanently blind me. However, I am a Botox devotee. If everyone in the world quit Botox, I'd still keep them in business. I like Juvederm, as well. Well, I like them when it doesn't "jack up" my lips, anyhow. Now, here I sit, watching reruns of The Jersey Shore, with my butt cheeks falling asleep. As for The Jersey Shore? Shut up. It's one of those mysteriously awesome things. You need to embrace it if you haven't done so yet.

I saw my chiropractor yesterday, and he cracked me all over the place. My neck got 4 goes...twice facing down, and twice facing up. My back got all sorts of cracks. And even my shoulders got it. He was FABULOUS. I adore my chiropractor. Considering my discs were almost gone and my vertebrae were fusing together, they have really saved me. Pain is almost totally gone and that is enough for me. No more foot long needles in my spine to inject something to slap a bandaid on the pain. Now, we are targeting the actual problem.

My work? I cried for about an hour this morning. I don't cry very easily and very infrequently. I cried. We don't even have students yet. It's going to be a long year, I'm afraid.

No comments: