Sunday, December 23, 2012

A Sensation Like Hot Charcoal

Well, Karma is a bitch. Tyler and I have been making fun of the man on the Shingles commercial who describes his symptoms as feeling like having "hot charcoal" poured on his neck. We have imitated him, asked questions about how a "slight irritation around the neck" turned into "hot charcoal" and so on.

I think I have Shingles, people. I have a rash on my neck, under my chin. It's much like having hot charcoal poured on my neck. It has been red, burning and itchy for four days. Yesterday, some of the area became rough. I have used hydrocortisone cream and Elizabeth Arden 8 hour cream, (which works way better). I just got all stressed a second ago and it's worse.

I took one of my anti anxiety meds. Well, I took three. Hopefully the rash will go away.

We had our "Christmas" today. Our sons are leaving for Chicago tomorrow, and our daughter is spending the day with her mom. We are alone. Why have Christmas at all? So, I expected little to nothing as usual. I was SO surprised I actually cried. Wally got me the camera I wanted, and three creepy little dolls that I showed him because they were so weird! I have Oscar Wilde, Jane Austen and Sylvia Plath! Right now, they are embroiled in a love triangle which is ironic given Oscar's tendencies, and all. Jane is eavesdropping on Oscar and Sylvia's conversation. Oscar is being witty and Sylvia is bitter and talking about killing herself. Jane is feverishly taking notes for her next romantic comedy novel. I also got...YAYAYAY~ An electric wine cork opener! Score.

Our kids got everything they asked for plus more. One just got his hair trimmed by me because I am a horrible troll. Then, his glasses broke because he falls asleep in them whilst playing video games and they bend. Again, why can't I fix that? Because I'm a troll. The other is playing video games. Neither have begun packing yet. I am not packing for them, either. I can't print their boarding passes because the stupid airline makes you wait until EXACTLY 24 hours before boarding.


I have lost my voice, I am coughing and I am pretty sure I have shingles. Merry Damned Christmas.

No comments: