Saturday, July 10, 2010

April 14, 2005

ETA: The "Jail Cam" has since been removed from the internet due to some privacy issues or some crap...pffft.


2005-04-14

JailCam!

Okay, I have long wondered how to do things that are big and fancy like include links in this diary thing .

So, today I am going to attempt and do this. I fear it is a bit of voodoo..but I shall try...oh yes I shall!

The other day on a board I frequent, someone posted a link to a "Jailcam". I resisted looking at first. After all, my husband, my brother....cops. My life is lousy with cops. I don't need to watch them on the internet, right? Right. I resisted for awhile. Finally, I gave in. I looked. And I thought..."Well, this is boring." And I thought that for like...ohhhh....I don't know....an hour or so....clearly....I wasn't all that bored.

Anyhow..here is the link:
Anderson County, Tennessee Jail Cam

Let's see if this works....click on it and see if you see the booking area of the Anderson County Jail.

There is this one dude...we have been referring to him alternatively as "Man behind door #3" and "Mentally Disturbed Individual". Sanford gave me the last name. I showed the man to Sanford.
This man stands in this window and...well...just pretty much stands there. All day. All night. I asked Sanford..."Hey...what's the deal with this dude...he just stands there...staring..."

Let me just say right here that Sanford does not understand why I'm riveted by a "JailCam". He doesn't understand why I want to watch people get booked into county jail. DUH!

Anyhow...when I asked him...and showed him the guy...he said.."Oh. Obviously, that is a Mentally Disturbed Individual." OBVIOUSLY

The other night, they brought in this large woman who pretended to faint! It kicked total ass! She just keeled over! And all the deputies just stood there staring at her and then I look at Mentally Disturbed Individual and he was DANCING in the window!
He was all over the place! He stopped and pulled a dark colored shirt out of nowhere and pulled it on over his other shirt! Then he started waving his arms around and dancing again! He was all SORTS of excited...and just as he got wound up, the jailer walked over and pulled a shade down over his window so that he couldn't see anymore.
PISSED.ME.OFF.
So, EMS came, loaded faking fainter woman on the gurney, they handcuffed her and took her away.

The point is that you never know WHAT will happen! There are all these girls walking around all itchy and scratchy...they keep coming and going out of the door marked "Detox". Totally fascinating. You gotta watch for awhile.
Let me know what you think. P.S. Can you tell I learned how to make things bold and in italics? I rock!

No comments: