Saturday, July 10, 2010

August 9, 2007

August 09, 2007

Smart guys

So, I'm sorta back at work, now. Ayhow, me going back to work entails a lot of prep work. I have to do a lot of frou frou decorating and thinking and reflecting and planning, right? So... I was at this place my place of employment has that has supplies for us...it is chock full of nifty stuff people like me get really excited over...paper, laminating machines....die cuts....all sorts of stuff.

Anyhow, I was in there doing some stuff, and one of the people who works at that place comes up to me. She is really nice...but very chit chatty. Small talky. And as we all know...I don't like small-talk. So...I am pretty much just making polite noises, right? She is staring off into the distance yapping away. I am getting my work done, making noises like..."Yeahhhhhh....really? Woooowwwww....that's so true.....for sure.....uh huhhhhhh......mmmmmmmhmmmmmmm...no kidding......right?"
And then she goes..."Hey! What's that on your shirt?" and I almost freak out because I assumed something foreign and bad was on my shirt...so I jump and start tugging on my shirt and hopping around..."Whu? Where!?!?" and she grabs me...(no shit) by the boobs and goes..."hang on..." and so I get still, because when someone you barely knows grabs your boobs...you tend to sorta slow down because well...they are grabbing your tatas....

So, I was wearing a black tshirt with this glow in the dark image of Einstein on it..and it has some quote of his on it about dissolving into nature...right? I am a big fan of Einstein. I have an itty bitty bit of the hots for him. Even those pictures of him with his non-hairy old legs and strangely lady-like ankle strap high heel sandals with shorts on. Even then. Anyhow, I've read a lot about him and come to the conclusion that he was a bit of a misogynist...(my own opinion), but that's neither here nor there.

So, boob grabbing woman goes..."Oh...it's Einstein." only she is German and she says it with a "ssschhhh" sound in the middle...which makes me slightly uncomfortable for some reason. I say "Oh, yeah....it glows in the dark!" (Like an idiot would do....I holler "It glows in the dark!") And then she keeps staring at my shirt...... in silence. And I sorta start shuffling my feet. Because it's kind of unpleasant to have a person you don't know staring at your shirt. Intently. It's like she checked out while she was staring at my shirt and left her body standing there. And it's totally quiet.

But then....it happens. My moment of nirvana.....one of the delicious moments I live for. One of the moments that gives me a "catch phrase" that I use repeatedly for days, weeks...months....NAY...years to come.

She says.."Wow...he was a smart guy."


YES!!!!!!!!!! Oh, I almost dance a jig of joy. "He was a smart guy!"

What does one say to that? How does one respond?

I say: "Yeah. He was. Pretty smart."

And she sighs and turns away. All dejected.

She is sad. Einstein died. He was a smart guy. He died like...before she was BORN..but still.

Ahhhh...life.....'tis good.

No comments: