Saturday, July 10, 2010

July 4, 2007

July 04, 2007

Books
So, I've been reading a lot. I just finished "The Year of Magical Thinking" by Joan Didion. I highly recommend it. #1: Joan Didion...I mean come on. #2: It's about the year right after her husband died suddenly from a massive heart attack and her daughter was in a coma. She writes so precisely and beautifully about grieving and the psychological processes one goes through....I'd pay any amount of money to be able to write like Joan Didion. It's breathtaking.

I recently read "Life on Planet Rock" by Lonn Friend. It was so-so. Lonn Friend seems like a dickhead to me. I thought it would be full of juicy gossip about bands, but naaah.

"Shantaram" by Gregory David Roberts is BEAUTIFUL. Absolutely GORGEOUS. India is a place I've never really wanted to visit, but now I do.

"The Memory Keeper's Daughter" was very good, too. It's one of those books I've seen several times, but never purchased. I finally bought it and read it. It was pretty good.

You know, "To Catch a Predator" on MSNBC is on, and those dudes who try to meet 13 year olds to have sex they've talked to on the internet make me wanna hurl. The EXCUSES they make are UNREAL! The a PARADE of men going to these houses to try and have sex with a child. Wigs me out.

If you haven't seen the "Dramatic Chipmunk" or "Dramatic Prairie Dog", Google that shit and laugh your ass off. Just Google "Dramatic Chipmunk" or "Prairie Dog" and watch. It's worth the several seconds it takes. I promise.

Yes, these are the things that I waste my time on.

OOH! My effin' lawyer is on TV on a commercial and you guys..he is such an asshole. I swear. I don't even wanna think about it.
Currently reading:
The Painted Veil
By W. Somerset Maugham
Release date: 14 November, 2006

No comments: