Saturday, July 10, 2010

March 15, 2007

March 15, 2007

My new way of communicating

So, I've been home on Spring Break for a few days, right? This has necessitated me coming up with a new way of communicating with my family whilst travelling in the car. Because I'm done AND DONE talking to those people.

1st: Sanford is deaf as a friggin' post. He hears NOTHING. I'm tired of it. It's wearin' on me. For real. What I SAY and what he THINKS I say are always so damned far away from each other it's preposterous.

2nd: My kids are arguing and fighting and being jerks the entire time and not listening ANYhow.

So, I came up with something. I've always thought "Hey, this song would make a great soundtrack right now"...so I've decided to set my damned life to music. Screw talking. Screw hollering. I just use my ipod thingie. It's plugged into the car.

Today for example, my youngest child was whining because he did not choose to go where we were going, and he was making his feelings known in a most unpleasant loud grating way. So, I clicked around on my ipod, turned up the volume and "You Can't Always Get What You Want" by the Rolling Stones came on. Loud. So loud he couldn't be heard above the music. This angered the child. That was a bonus for me. After the song ended, all was quiet. I put the ipod on "shuffle" and it was playing along, and then the three children began arguing about something and attempting to draw me into their asshat fight. No problem. Cue up: "Crazy" by Aerosmith. Volume up. When that song was over, the youngest child was crying.
Oh! I have just the thing! "Blue Eyes Crying in the Rain" by Willie Nelson! No problem! Since Sanford was driving, I was able to really pay close attention to my song choices. What fun!
Later, when they asked why we were going to their Grandmother's house, I played "She Sells Sanctuary" by The Cult. You see, we were dropping them off for a little while with her. They totally didn't get it. By the time we pulled into our driveway this afternoon, I was playing "Institutionalized" by Suicidal Tendencies.
Now, they are all off playing in their rooms, outside, etc. If they see me with my ipod, the back away, though.
Currently reading:
Summer of Glorious Madness
By Christy Yorke
Release date: 06 July, 2004

No comments: