Saturday, July 10, 2010

October 18, 2004

Creepy Crap
Current mood: crazy
7:57 p.m. - 2004-10-18
Who the fuck is Leibowitz?
I was thinking the other day about this book I was forced to read when I was in high school.

It was the all time, worst book ever written by anyone at anytime in history. EVER. Do not argue with me. There is no argument possible. This book is quite possibly responsible for my clinical depression that I suffer to this day. True, the BiPolar thing sorta negates that theory...but still.

Okay, this book..how can I explain how truly wretched it is? I can read almost ANYTHING. I have been known to read the toilet bowl cleaner bottle while on the toilet just to have something to read. I once broke a big expensive bottle of some craptastic perfume called "Ma Griffe" that belonged to my mother because I was reading the box it was in while I was on the toilet. I have never heard of that perfume before or since. But there ya go.

I like to read. Reading is my friend. But this book. Holy mother of Scheisenheimmer. I wonder why this person wrote it? I mean really?

It is so, so, so terribly horribly ...wait...I need to go fetch a thesaurus so I can find more words to convey the truly stupefyingly mind numbingly horrific experience of reading this book...

Anyhow. It's called:

"A Canticle for Leibowitz"

And it's bad. I don't understand why it was written. And don't try to explain it to me, because if lovin' it is wrong, I don't wanna be wrong.
I wanna be right. And I am. Right, I mean.
It sucks ass.

K. Rant about craptastic futuristic Science fiction book over. I've held that in for over 20 years.

And if you are some very deep, profound thinking Sci Fi person who is sighing with exasperation at my pathetic lack of understanding of the nuances of "A Canticle for Leibowitz",
well, blow it out your ass. I don't care. It sucked. In desolation, Helen

No comments: